The University of Western Australia
Doctor of Philosophy, Computer Science
2006 – 2010
- Written and published 25 articles on the various aspects of the following 2 projects: Language analysis essentials (LANES) and Learning lightweight ontologies from text across different domains using the Web as background knowledge.
- Awarded the following 5 recognitions: the University Postgraduate Award for International Students, the Endeavour International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (EIPRS), the UWA Graduate Research Student Travel Award, the Emerging Leaders’ Dialogue and the 20th Western Australian Information Technology & Telecommunications Awards (WAITTA).
Cisco Networking Academy
Cisco Certified Network Associate Stage 1 & 2 Courses
2005 – 2005
- Completed CCNA 1 (Networking Basics) and CCNA 2 (Routers and Routing Basics). The courses covered computing basics and network design, OSI model, TCP/IP environment, IP addressing and subnetting, networking devices, structured cabling, LANs and WANs, interior and exterior routing protocols, principles of network management and network troubleshooting.
Universiti Teknikal Malaysia Melaka
Master of Science, Information and Communications Technology
2003 – 2005
- Written and published 5 articles on the various aspects of the following project: Practical approach to knowledge-based question answering with natural language understanding and advanced reasoning.
- Awarded the following recognition: the Malaysian Public Institution of Higher Learning R&D Award.
Bachelor of Information Technology (Honours), Data Communications and Networking
1999 – 2003
- Graduated First-Class Honours with CGPA 4.00/4.00.
- Awarded the following 3 recognitions: the National Higher Education Fund Scholarship (PTPTN), the Dean’s Awards and the Academic Excellence Award (Book Award).